While thinking about all of this in my mind today and beating myself up, I thought to myself, what could I have done to make this morning better? Here are some of my ideas for the future:
1. Instead of making breakfast, just open up all the cabinets and pantry. Tell them to "have fun with it."
2. Let baby have candy. That typically makes children be quiet...
3. Have 3 year old potty train himself. Check out how-to videos from the library. He will learn just fine.
4. Sit in a corner and eat chocolate. Rock back and forth. Yes, most of these ideas are food-related because we all know sugar fixes everything.
6. Boycott Mums. Mums are really for the moms! It seems like a contest between the moms to see who can make one bigger and blingier. And then that feeling of competitiveness trickles down to the kids and it becomes this silly comparison game. Do you even know what a mum is? Click here to see the craziness of it all. I had one given to me in highschool by my homecoming date(thats how it started, thats the actual tradition). It has now infiltrated even the elementary schools as a "school pride" thing in our small town. Bah humbug. I think its a little crazy. I had already said I would never give in to the mum madness of Texas(and I was born and raised here!) My 12 year old is in cheer this year and the coach recommended mums for them to wear to the parade earlier this week and on spirit day. She said it was tradition. So I caved. Now I have to make one for my other two daughters when they are in 6th grade to be fair. What have I done?! :) Honestly, I think they are fun to make. And they can be super cute. As long as you don't go crazy...there are some that light up...and some so big kids have to wear backpack straps attached to them to keep them on!
This is not my daughter. Just an example of a mum that just became ridonkulous...she must feel so super special. Lets just hope that thing didn't catch fire.
7. Teach 12 year old to drive. Then she can take the kids to school! Wheeeee.
8. Have husband do the girls hair. Hahaha. I'm sorry I can't even act like that isn't downright hilarious.
9. Meditate, work out for an hour, do an hour of yoga. Then stretch and breathe. All before 6am. Um, no. Who has time for this stuff???
10. Pray (this is the only one that ISN'T a joke! :)
Hope you enjoyed my list. Of course this is just my sense of humor..mixed with bits of truth in there :) If you are having a bad day, just know you are not alone. You aren't a bad mom. Well, maybe you are, I don't actually know you...but you are probably alright ;) Hang in there Mamas!